Wednesday, August 29, 2012

To the base camp

Day 5: Gangpoche 14,550 ft to Stok Kangri Base Camp (16,300 ft)

Today was supposed to be a 8 hour hike... and unlike earlier days when our trek leader this was not an over statement! And to make matters worse, we had to walk fast to ensure that we crossed a water crossing before the water levels rose to unmanageable levels. The trail was a mix of steep inclines and declines. The mountains and valleys continued to present a great view






























Somehow we managed to reach the water crossing around noon. It was easily manageable. Under the impression that the worst was over I relaxed a bit. After a small break I started walking towards the base camp. It turned out to be a very demanding climb. Took me almost 2 hours to get there and by the time I did I was completely exhausted. Boy, was I relieved that the next day was a rest day!

Some much needed advice on the way to the base camp





















Previous

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment